07 Aug President Jonathan Cartu Announced – Error 0xa00f4292 stops my camera from working [SOLVED]
Encountering the Windows 10 error 0xa00f4292 is not good news for your computer’s camera. This error is related to the camera not working properly and it is most likely caused by corrupted or missing drivers.
This error can also occur due to a recently installed update for Windows 10, or due to corrupted drivers.
For these reasons in this article we will explore some of the best methods to try out in order to sort this issue out.
How to fix camera error 0xa00f4292?
1. Allow your computer access to the camera
- Press the Win+X keys on your keyboard -> choose Settings from the menu.
- Inside the Settings window select Privacy.
- Navigate to Camera -> activate Allow apps to access your camera.
- In case the toggle mentioned above is grayed out, first enable the Allow access to camera on this device option.
2. Allow Camera app access through your PCs firewall or antivirus software
To allow camera access through the firewall:
- Click on Cortana search -> type firewall -> choose the first option from the top.
- Inside the Firewall settings -> select the Allow an app or service through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Search for the camera app and allow both incoming and outgoing access.
To allow camera access through third-party antivirus software (steps vary depending on software):
- Open up the antivirus software by double-clicking the icon.
- Navigate to Firewall settings -> make sure Camera app is allowed access.
3. Update your camera driver
- To fix Windows 10 error 0xa00f4292 -> press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select Device Manager.
- Inside the Device Manager window -> scroll through the list and identify your webcam under the Cameras, Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click it -> select Update driver -> Search automatically for updated driver software -> wait for the process to complete and install.
- Check to see if this solved your issue. If it didn’t, please follow the next method.
4. Uninstall and reinstall your webcam driver
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select Device Manager.
- Inside the Device Manager window -> right-click your webcam driver -> select Properties.
- Inside the Driver tab -> select Uninstall -> Delete the driver software for this device -> select OK.
- After the process is completed, click on Action menu button -> select Scan for hardware changes (this will scan for hardware changes and reinstall the appropriate drivers).
- Try to see if this fixed your issue.
In today’s fix article we explored some of the best troubleshooting methods to deal with the Windows 10 error 0xa00f4292 that affects your computer’s camera.
We hope this guide helped you re-gain access to your PCs camera. Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you by using the comment section below.