16 Jun Printer is in use by another computer error [ULTIMATE GUIDE…
An annoying issue prevents printers from printing files on the Windows 10 operating system. When attempting to initiate the printing process, the error message Another computer is using the printer pops-up, leaving the file pending forever. This specific issue is usually related to outdated drivers, system conflicts or incorrect system settings.
If you’ve encountered this issue and looking for a way to avoid it, consider checking our tested solutions.
How to fix the Another computer is using the printer error
1. Reset the Print Spooler service
- Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type services.msc in the Run box and press Enter.
- Search for the Print Spooler service in the right pane, right-click on it and select Stop > right-click on it again and select Start.
- Close the Services window and restart your computer to see if this fixed the issue.
2. Perform a printer power cycle
- Turn off your computer and your printer.
- Unplug your computer and printer from the power socket.
- Let it rest for a minimum of 2 minutes.
- Plug them back in and turn them on.
3. Update or reinstall the printer driver
- Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- In the top menu, click View > select Show hidden devices.
- Expand the Printers menu > Right-click on the available device > select Update driver.
- Alternatively, you can select to Uninstall driver, restart the computer and it will automatically reinstall the printer‘s driver.
4. Update Windows
- Press the Start button > open Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Select Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
- If it finds any updates, let it complete the process and restart your computer.
- After rebooting your PC, check if updating Windows fixed the issue
We hope that you could fix your issue by following our guide. If you found this article helpful, leave a comment in the comment section below.